Regular meetings are happening Saturdays 12:00-18:00 from 8. September until 2. December. Goal is to participate on the Robotex with two robots.
Tasks for Robotex 2018:
- [done] Get PVC tube and build baskets
- [done] Integrate hardware based h264 encoder for web UI and video recording - Arti/Lauri/Sharia/Endel
- Rotate field recording setup 90 degrees - Endel (?)
- Map distance to RPM-s for the throwing mechanism using Zubax controllers - Fred
- Redo camera mount cabling properly
- Clean up codebase
- Possibly rewrite core in resolution agnostic manner using ROS? - Ruxin/Fred/Hiro
- Mill brass flywheel for the thrower - Valdur/Kristjan
- Investigate machine learning options - ?
Postponed tasks for 2019:
- Attempt to get Zubax controllers usable for the motors
Image recognition exercise
Using video files from https://nextcloud.k-space.ee/s/4O8meO1Pql5A7zX
Get following code example running: http://pad.koodur.com/p/imagerec
Need to get registered by 15. oct.
Currently interested folks include: Fred, Marek, Endel, Giorgi, Hiromasa, Ruxin, Mohanad
Installing dependencies on Ubuntu 16.04
Python 3.5 brings support for async programming in Python making it possible to use async web programming.
These instructions should work on Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian Stretch, in older versions the OpenCV build will pick up Python 3.4 and this is going to result in mess.
apt-get install cmake wget python3.5-dev build-essential unzip \ libjpeg-dev libtiff5-dev libjasper-dev libpng12-dev \ libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libv4l-dev \ libgtk-3-dev python3-setuptools libgstreamer1.0-dev \ libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev
wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py python3 get-pip.py
CFLAGS="-pipe -O3 -march=native" pip3 install --upgrade numpy
wget https://github.com/Itseez/opencv/archive/3.4.3.zip unzip 3.4.3.zip cd opencv-3.4.3 mkdir build cd build CFLAGS="-pipe -O3 -march=native" cmake -D INSTALL_PYTHON_EXAMPLES=ON -D WITH_XIMEA=BOOL:ON ..
Observe the output of the last command and make sure CMake detected Python 3.5. Finally build OpenCV and install it
make -j32 sudo make install