Currenty there are following 3D-printers available to use:
- Lecktor / Prusa i3 MK3S+
- Voron V2 (NB! Only PLA)
Join the #3dprinting channel on Slack and ask before doing any experiments!
Material: PLA / PETG / ???
Requires full-size SD-card for printing.
- Set up PrusaSlicer (make sure to configure as Prusa i3 MK3S+ physical printer profile)
- Load up 3D model (STL, 3MF, etc..)
- Slice the model, note how much material is used (see "Paying for print" below) and save resulting file on full-size SD-card.
- Put the SD-card into printer and print.
Voron V2.4 Stealthburner(?)
Nozzle size: 0.4mm
- Get Prusa slicer
apt install prusa-slicer or https://help.prusa3d.com/downloads (alternative is SuperSlicer)
- Select Voron V2 Afterburner with 0.4mm nozzle (Configuration wizard -- under Other vendor)
- Set the Filament type to PLA
- get STL file, open with PursaSlicer
- Select correct printer, layer height and Filament
- Slice and send to printer
- Layer height: 0.2 should be fine for most applications.
- 215 may not be enough for first layer. If the print starts with dry chunks, 220-225 'fixes' the issue. You can change the temperature in PrusaSlicer under Filament Settings.
- It might be a good idea to start preheating to save time.
voron.k-space.ee does not work, it's behind Authelia. You must be in VPN to use the local IP.
- Clean magnetic printing pad (dark gold, thin removable plate) with non-sharp tools, clean the surface (wet towel works, in extreme case use window cleaning liquid).
- Apply layer of glue slime (bottle around 3d printer) and/or glue stick on printing area. Smear it with wet paper towel evenly across the surface. One layer might work for 1-5 printing. YMMV.
- Ensure that glue layer is dry.
- Connect to https://voron.k-space.ee
- Upload your .gcode file under Jobs tab. Start print.
- Observe print progress closely (if the glue does not work properly the object may peel off from pad and make a big mess).
- When ready, you may remove printed object immediately -- remove magnetic pad from printer and twist it in two different directions to extract object from pad.
- Remove residues from printer and pad.
Heating the pad makes cleaning easier. Either WebUI: Thermals → Presets → Clean heater bed or from printer: Click wheel → Temperature → Bed
K-Space accepts donations for used filament.
PrusaSlicer shows amount of material used after slicing:
TL;DR: Do the first layer calibration.
(TODO: check for printer-specific values. Voron: Z-0,525 ?? )
Example calibration values:
Clean the surface. Try fiddling with the Z-height (menu->calibration->z-height cal).
- 600 (the two leftmost lines)
https://www.facebook.com/kspace.ee/videos/1033346817231051/ (3D printing intro)